The main research interest of the Uskokovic Lab is the creation of a new generation of nanostructured biomaterials for hard tissue regeneration. Other research interests include:
- Fabrication of multicomponent and multifunctional nanoparticles with therapeutic and/or diagnostic potencies;
- Development of biomaterials with simultaneous antimicrobial and tissue regeneration capabilities;
- Application of soft and colloid chemistry in devising advanced drug delivery carriers;
- Development of platforms for the oral delivery of peptides and antibodies;
- Direction of bone cell fate using different microenvironmental cues;
- Application of biomimetic principles in the design of a new generation of biomaterials.